The Benefits of an Interior Designer

After being in this industry for the last 7 years we at Rebecca Rollins Interiors run across people that don’t understand the enormous benefits of working with an interior designer and the value that a professional designer brings to a home design.    They think design is as simple as shopping online for furniture, calling a random contractor to come in, etc.   If it was that easy there would be no need for an interior designer.

But RRI interior designers bring much more value to our customers’ projects than just making a room look finished and classy. We are transforming an area into a functional piece of art while at the same time relieving the client of the stress of not being sure of the design.  And potentially saving thousands by not having to re-do work they simply can’t stand when it’s done.

Image by Candice Olson

We create a piece of art that has every single detail down to the style of the electrical socket planned out.  There is also a lot of behind the scenes work that clients don’t see. These are the not so glamorous, but ever so important tasks to keep projects moving forward and with the spirit and enthusiasm of “day 1” carried throughout the project. We are constantly working with different vendors to ensure our clients are getting the best price and the best work.   Many times a piece that is out of the budget becomes affordable because of our pricing advantages with top manufacturers; thereby creating many more options for the design.

We work one on one with the clients to develop and achieve the exact feeling the clients want to capture. We provide the knowledge of different styles, periods, and trends that would make the space flow together.  And best of all, we bring a type-A perfectionist personality with us wherever we go. Everything has to be PERFECT; the grey needs to be the exact shade of walrus grey, not castle rock grey; and trust me there is a difference.

Image by Vallone Design

There is no greater reward than watching our clients’ faces when they see everything come together.   Their first thought is disbelief that this space is in their home.   This is the value and advantage of hiring an interior designer who can make an exquisite design….Perfectly Yours!  We encourage you to contact us and see how much beauty we can bring to your home at an affordable price.

22 Responses to “The Benefits of an Interior Designer”

1. Rockford Johnson June 1, 2016 at 4:48 pm #

Great post! Thank you for helping me understand what the benefits are of an interior designer. I really like how you said that an interior designer will help their client to bring their vision to life. I have never worked with an interior designer before but I will definitely have to look into working with one the next time I am remodeling a part of my home.

2. Frank Delaware March 1, 2017 at 6:37 am #

My wife sometimes goes on sprees where she will change the entire look of the house, and I thought it would be a good idea to hire an interior designer to help her come up with one look to keep her satisfied! I really like that you say that you say that interior designers actually help you design everything right down to the electrical sockets. I think that a lot of people would miss that little detail.

3. KonceptLiving June 10, 2017 at 1:44 am #

Great to share the information.
    Thank you for sharing.
    top interior designers in hyderabad

4. Roger Middleton November 7, 2017 at 5:46 pm #

I liked that you had mentioned that it can be helpful to hire an interior designer because they can make the home look a lot nicer and carry an entire project through. My wife and I have been wanting to make the most out of our home and make it look a lot nicer on the inside but neither of us is very design oriented. I’ll have to start looking around for an interior designer because they’ll be able to keep it moving and make it look great.

5. Bhanwarlalji November 29, 2017 at 1:13 am #

I loooove this site. bold tips for the bold decorator. great tips. thank you

6. Bhanwarlalji November 29, 2017 at 1:40 am #

Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely helpful info particularly the last part ?? I care for such information a lot.
    I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.|

7. sara December 11, 2017 at 12:26 am #

I was in the same boat, I thought that I could remodel and redesign my apartment which we had rented long time ago, I did not take help from the designer for being so much confident about my skills. I still regret that decision, i ended up spending more than I had planned for the home.I was so remorseful,my hubby was little upset with my spending on little things, I wish I could save money by hiring a designer. Because no matter how experienced we believe we are we still are naive when it comes to choosing a nice theme for the living room or kitchen.. thanks for sharing your ideas.

8. Khorae Olivier February 27, 2018 at 7:31 am #

I never took into account the fact that an interior designer would plan every single detail down to the electrical sockets. I’ve been considering hiring someone to help put my home together with a sense of interior design since I don’t seem to have a good eye. Thank you for the information about how interior designers are constantly working with different vendors to get the best price and work.

9. Margaux Ford March 5, 2018 at 3:17 pm #

Thanks for helping me learn more about the importance of hiring an interior designer because there are a lot of behind the scenes work that clients don’t see. I’m planning on doing a home renovation, and I’m considering on hiring an interior designer to make my home better and prettier. Thanks for mentioning that interior designers work one on one with the clients to develop and achieve the exact feeling that we want to capture. I appreciate the advice!

10. Saroja B March 25, 2018 at 4:08 am #

Wonderful designs. The combination of dark and light colors is making it totally elegant. Happy to read this post as your care for the clients is being visible. Thank you for sharing.

11. Kenneth Gladman April 27, 2018 at 3:07 pm #

You bring up a good point that a lot of the hard work a designer does goes on behind the scenes. Just because you don’t see them in action all the time doesn’t mean they aren’t working for your cause. Ultimately you want your home the way you want, so you may think about getting help.

12. Mesa Home design April 29, 2018 at 4:17 am #

You shared a great article about the designing of home which help you to save your time and money by using the current technology ,material and construction process ,if you plan to design and build a new home or do an extensive remodel on an existing house within a short period of a time without the wastage of money and time then the best solution for you problem you must communicate with professional design consultants for given a graceful ideas of home designing with the techniques of sustainable design principles for domestic home design and construction.So you must fallows the ideas of profession home designer for the save of money and time according to my opinion .
    Thanks .

13. dianasteve May 2, 2018 at 10:25 pm #

that was very informative and useful thank you so much for the post sharing

14. Cynthia Walker September 30, 2018 at 10:19 pm #

An interior designer make our room classy and they make spaces functional, safe, and beautiful.

15. Braden Bills October 22, 2018 at 7:55 am #

I’m having a hard time figuring out how I should decorate my home. It makes sense that I would want to get an interior designer! They would know all the tips and tricks when it comes to making a room come together.

16. Amy Winters October 23, 2018 at 12:28 pm #

I’m glad you pointed out that hiring an interior designer will allow you to get more for your budget, since they’ll have price advantages with top-quality manufacturers. My husband and I want to redecorate our family room because it currently looks a little dated. I was thinking about trying to plan the design myself, but I think I’ll take your advice and hire an interior designer for the manufacturer deals!

17. ashvinisri November 10, 2018 at 4:12 am #

Superb!! I have already bookmarked your blog!!

18. Dave Anderson January 23, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

That is true that no one would be called an interior designer if it were easy. Interior design is not something that is easy for me. That is something that I would hire someone to do for me.

19. Ethan Hansen March 13, 2019 at 7:01 am #

I found it interesting how you mentioned how interior designers plan every detail out down to the location of the electrical sockets. My daughter wants to choose a career where she can use her extreme attention to detail to help others live their best lives. I will be sure to pass this information on to her so she can assess all of her options!

20. Dave Anderson March 19, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

That is a good point that if it were easy, and interior designer would not be needed. Maybe I should look into getting an interior designer. Then I would be able to have a nice looking home.

21. Angela Waterford April 15, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

You convinced me to hire an interior designer when you said that they can make a room a functional piece of art. I believe that they can help a lot because they can ensure that I’m getting the right price for the work done. As long as they can manage to capture the exact feeling that I want to have in my rooms, I’ll be sure to hire them.

22. Praveen Kumar August 22, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

I have realized how much impact does an input of an interior designer brings to your space. Their expertise made it easier for us to choose what kind of design will suit our space at the same time fulfill our desires too.